The pregnant woman’s body sustains an unparalleled amount of growth and transformation during the prenatal period. Many of these changes are welcomed, but some are painful, worrisome, or uncomfortable. At the Mandala Integrative Medicine Clinic, our massage therapists offer prenatal massage to provide the mom-to-be with a necessary resource of relaxation, comfort, and pain relief.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- soothes sore muscles and aching joints
- helps resolve sleeplessness
- assists in healthy circulation of fluids through the body
- relieves swelling in the hands and feet
- slows the formation of varicose veins
- assists the transfer of nutrients to the placenta
- body awareness techniques and breath work help to prepare the pregnant woman for labor.
Prenatal massage therapy is done safely and comfortably in a side-lying or semi-reclined position. Prenatal massage is a rich time of comfort and relaxation, and a wonderful experience for the mom-to-be to share with her growing baby.
We welcome the Boulder mothers-to-be into our Integrative Medicine Clinic! May we support your comfort during this special time of transformation as you prepare to receive your precious child into your life.